Medical Administrative Specialist
Are you interested in medical terminology? Would you like to learn more about preparing and maintaining medical records? Can you see yourself as a Medical Administrative Specialist?
As a Medical Administrative Specialist, you'll develop a broad foundation of these skills with an emphasis on employment in a medical environment. Medical Secretary, Medical Records, Medical Scheduler, Medical Receptionist, and Medical Administrative Assistant are all positions you'll be qualified to fill.
In this program you'll learn to perform basic office computer tasks, electronic filing, and functions using: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. You will also trained in using specialized medical office scheduling and billing software for patient admissions and procedures such as MediSoft, Medical Manager, and MedTrak.
As a graduate of this program, you will understand and use medical terminology appropriately and be able to prepare and maintain medical office records following medical filing rules. You'll also understand basic life skills (CPR) and vital signs, and prepare a professional resume portfolio.
Our students find jobs with...
- Health Care Centers
- Chiropractic Clinics
- Physician’s Offices
Courses and Credit Hours
- 1050 clock hours
- Prospective students must be 16 years of age or older,
- Prospective students are required to schedule an appointment with the Guidance Department prior to enrollment. Call 239-574-4440.
- To get started - call 239-574-4440 or email our Guidance Department today!
Accreditations, Licenses, Certifications
- Certifications are optional – Microsoft Office and Certified Medical Administrative Specialist
Learn More - Medical Administrative Specialist Program
*For details on cost of program read disclosure statement below.
- Medical Administrative Specialist Disclosure Statement (55.8 KB .pdf)
- Gainful Employment for Medical Administrative Specialist (65.8 KB .pdf)
Buy Textbooks Online
Have questions? Contact us or call (239) 574-4440.